Saturday 1 March 2008

Espresso.

The other day I asked a friend on television production whether or not she had an idea for her major production yet. I’ve asked a few this same question because the bottom line is ‘I want to write it.’ So I asked and she didn’t have an idea yet. She then joked ‘Write me something and I’ll see.’ I said ‘Ok. I have something already in mind.’

I had been working on an idea for awhile with the specific intention (and hope) it would become somebody’s major production. There’s no saying that she’ll like it but at least she’ll read it, or possibly recommend it to someone else or even ask for something more specific.

It’s called Espresso and is essentially:

‘A case of mistaken identity leads to a romantic meeting.’

The short film was inspired by all the charm and romance of those French films that have scenes in cafes where two people meet and instantly fall in love. And even so I originally wanted it to be filmed like a foreign language film and have English subtitles. I knew from the beginning that if i got it right it would make a great short film. But at the time I didn’t have a clue or thought that I’d be able to pull it off. But now the story is looking good and I’ve got even more drive to complete it. So I’m pretty chuffed that its going to be finished and even if its not suitable then I can just keep passing it around.

‘The universe is made of stories, not of atoms’

-Muriel Reskner

No comments:

Post a Comment